[Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

Ikea tradfri gateway app

Has anyone heard anything about an update to SDK3 for the ikea Tradfri gateway app?

I tried to contact the developer/volunteers via a review in the Appstore and via a DM on the forum.

The link in the list “apps that need an update in some way or form” has the most clicks of all items in that list. So I assume that I am not the only one who is curious about an update to SDK3.

I know that Ikea has introduced a new gateway but I hope that the old gateway will keep working/be supported for some time.

4 Likes

Is updated to SDK 3 :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Nice one Martijn!

2 Likes

@Arie_J_Godschalk, issue with the Honeywell evohome app is found.
Checkout : [APP] [Pro and Cloud] Honeywell EvoHome - #14 by Mickel_Luiten

1 Like

The Nefit Easy app has been updated to SDKv3, now available as test.

4 Likes

I sent a mail to Athom asking about the Homeyduino app, got the following response:

At the moment we haven’t updated the Homeyduino to SDKv3 yet (we’re working on the last details of the software for the new Homey Pro) but we will probably do this before the release of Homey Pro (Early 2023).

1 Like

As I was informed by @MarcoRuiter on Slack, a SDK3 version of the app NEO Coolcam is available on GitHub.
(I updated the info in the first post accordingly).

3 Likes

And i am still waiting on a response from Niels for Simplelog. I have send another mail yesterday.

3 Likes

Nice! I also asked them a few weeks ago then they did not know it jet.

1 Like

After an initial answer, I have lost contact. :frowning:

1 Like

Bad …. I’m also a roborock user

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s a pity🙁

1 Like

Anyone else using Sunway Window Covering’s app besides me?
If you want to be able to use it in the new Homey pro 2023, you can press a little and write an email to Sunway benelux BV.
See the email below from Homey support!

Hi Hans-Jochen,

My apologies for my late reply.

I was waiting a little longer because I was hoping that I could give you a certain yes or no. Because it’s a partner app we are not going to update it to SDK3. However we are still in consultation with the developer about who is going to do this. It will help if you notify the developer about your wish for an SDK3 version. In this case it’s Sunway benelux BV. You can reach them via info@sunway.nl

I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction, which is why I’m closing your ticket. If you need additional support, please feel free to re-open your ticket by answering this email.

I wish you a great day and a lot of fun with Homey!
Best Regards,

Hugo

The Athom support team.

The “zonnepanelen” app is also still running on the older version

1 Like

That app is in the list since the beginning, though in its original name, which is english: “solar panels”.
The (pretty old) test version is running SDKv3 though.

1 Like

Is there any update on Neo Coolcam sdk3 in the Homey App Store?

I have tried contacting @Momotica. Edit: Menno has answered and will do his best to update the app!

What to do when an app doesn’t get updated and the developer can’t be reached? it can’t be transferred then…

Nope still only on Github, developer doesn’t really respond on the forum (you can try slack, but no promises that he will respond), so no information will be given here from him.
I guess, it is done, when it is done.

For now it looks like a new app will have to be written with a different app ID.

Menno is usually pretty good with responds times, try making contact again, maybe even via Whatsapp.

Thanks.

I thought a different app ID isn’t enough. An app that does the same as another app cannot be published in the App Store. That’s my understanding. So that might be an issue for apps that can’t be transferred.

Menno knows I have contacted him many times. :blush: Already since last year about adding heat detectors. I understand he was busy at that time. Last contact was in June. Maybe someone else can also try to contact him.

Well it is the only way, Athom isn’t allowed (copyright and such) to transfer an app without the developer their consent. (i believe)
Also just copying the code isn’t allowed (without consent), so would have to be written from scratch.

That’s the thumb rule. Athom decides if another similar app is allowed, and they allow sometimes.